There are many different reasons for seeing a counsellor and I appreciate how big a step it is for anyone to decide to see one.
Some reasons can be:
Stress / Anxiety
- Are you experiencing stress at work?
- Are you experiencing feelings of anxiety, lacking in motivation, energy or enthusiasm?
- Do you feel criticised by others, or feel you are not ‘good enough’?
- Are relationship issues making you feel alone or isolated?
- Are you feeling hurt, betrayed, or resentful?
Bereavement or Loss
- Has a recent loss or bereavement made things seem more difficult to cope with than usual?
- Are these feelings of grief stopping you from doing your usual things?
- Are you putting on a brave face to the world, which is masking your true feelings?
I volunteered at CARIS Islington Bereavement Service.
I am an accredited professional of the Foundation for Infant Loss, providing bereavement support to anyone affected by pregnancy loss and the death of a baby.
- Are you feeling stuck?
- Are there some changes you want to make in your life?
If you are considering counselling and have any questions, please get in touch.